Washington D.C., September 10,2018 — Ahead of his plans to introduce ICO and blockchain legislation this fall, Congressman Warren Davidson (R – Ohio 8th) has organized a round table discussion “Legislating Certainty for Cryptocurrencies” on September 25th, 2018 in Washington D.C..
Invited participants include industry representatives from organizations like NASDAQ, InterContinal Exchange (ICE), Kraken, Ripple, Union Square Ventures, a16z, and 10XTS.
The discussion will examine “light touch” regulation—which in June, Davidson said would dissolve some of the legal question marks currently hovering over cryptocurrencies and initial coin offerings (ICOs).
In a CNBC Squawk Box interview, Davidson stated:
There’s been some concern as the SEC started to regulate that everything starts looking like a security to a securities regulator, and we want to make sure that the United States capital markets stay strong and vibrant — and one of the ways to do that is to provide regulatory certainty.
As a prolific member of the U.S. Committee on Financial Services, Congressman Davidson is in position to advance that regulatory certainty.
10XTS is working towards a regulatory-compliant approach to blockchain-based securities with the launch of XDEX, a blockchain-as-a-service platform for the financial services industry.
To demonstrate the use of XDEX, we have tokenized the company’s capitalization table. We are one of the first companies globally to use a distributed ledger to track shares that are represented by tokens on a blockchain as “uncertificated” shares.
This provides a leading example for other early stage companies, and a blazing a solid path towards tokenized equity assets for capital markets.
# # # #
- 10XTS Adds Jonathan Dever as Senior Vice President & Director of Public Policy - February 7, 2020
- 10XTS Joins Government Blockchain Association As Records Management Working Group Chair - January 27, 2020
- 10XTS to Speak at University of Cincinnati November 14 - October 28, 2019
- Anthony Pompliano Hanging Out in Cincinnati with Cintrifuse and 10XTS - October 28, 2019
- 10XTS at Gallatin County Airport Groundbreaking - October 26, 2019
- 10XTS at Miami University November 19th as Guest Speaker - October 25, 2019
- 10XTS Graduates From First Phase of Microsoft for Startups Accelerator Program With $120K Grant - October 17, 2019
- 10XTS to Attend the World Financial Symposium Event with Corum Group in Chicago November 12 - October 17, 2019
- 10XTS Attending the Chicago Kent School Annual Regtech Legaltech Conference October 24 - October 16, 2019
- Real Estate Property Transaction Solutions: CPROP - October 16, 2019