CINCINNATI, OH, October 21, 2016 — What a whirlwind experience. This year Techstars held their global conference, FounderCon, right in my own, beloved backyard of Cincinnati. It was really great for the StartupCincy community to have so many dedicated startup tech entrepreneurs and investors on our own home turf.
A few of the highlights:
- Defy Ventures is doing awesome work with prison inmates, leveraging entrepreneurship as a path to economic freedom and reducing recitivism
- Google Ventures is… well.. badass. Would you expect anything less from Google though?
- Pledge 1% is making a big push to get all early stage companies to pledge 1% to social good. That can be 1% of sales, 1% of profits, 1% of labor resources… not really all that specific.
- B-Corps are going to be a much bigger thing in the future, you can already see the impact corporate shared value approaches are having on capital models.
- Rhinegeist is an awesome place to have a party.
- Techstars John wears very dapper hats. He’s also a pretty cool dude.
- Brad Feld is a really smart, interesting guy with a million ideas a second.
- Opportunity Zone Funds and 10XTS - February 24, 2020
- Opportunity Zone Funds - February 11, 2020
- More Libra Partners Bail Out and Mnuchin Wants a Cookie. - October 18, 2019
- Libra Me This, Libra Me That, Who’s Afraid of the Big Black Bat? - June 18, 2019
- Public Finance, the Next Fintech Frontier - April 24, 2019
- 18 Barriers to Enterprise Blockchain Adoption - November 5, 2018
- Why is Startup Capital Disappearing in the U.S.? - October 13, 2018
- It’s the transaction that matters, not the token - September 10, 2018
- What are some of the regulatory challenges for blockchain tokens in the Financial Services Industry? - September 3, 2018
- 10XTS “Tokenizing” its Traditional Corporate Shares as Security Tokens - September 3, 2018