CINCINNATI, OH, October 12, 2019 — On October 29, 10XTS will be presenting the case study about their current funding round as a qualified opportunity zone business to a capacity crowd at the Atrium 2 building. The company has partnered with Opp Zone GP, a new, self-directed opportunity zone fund-as-a-service to help investors leverage the tax benefits under the 2017 Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA).
By investing through the self-directed fund structure, 10XTS can provide investors with current gain liability the complete opportunity zone gain rollover. This allows an investor to reduce their gain liability by as much as 15% if the gain is invested in 10XTS by the end of 2019. By first purchasing limited partnership units in the Opp Zone fund, an investor can then self-direct the general partners to subscribe to 10XTS preferred shares. The company is presently raising $2.6 million in a private placement offering.
In addition to the existing gain reduction and extension in time to repay, should 10XTS experiences a liquidity event and the investors hold their LP units for 10 years, the long-term capital gains on the sale of the company or initial public offering are forgiven.
The event also features other notable regional experts in tax law and accounting to discuss other aspects of opportunity zone fund investing:
- Brian Redden, Attorney BHMK
- Justin Vanderglas, CPA, Clark Schaefer Hackett – “What Every Investor Needs to Know About OZFs”
- Robert W. Buechner, Chairman Emeritus & Co-founder of BHMK – “The Sizzle Behind Self-Directed OZF Investing”
- Michael Hiles, Founder/CEO, 10XTS – “CASE STUDY: Venture Capital Funding via Qualified Federal Opportunity Zones”
- Steve Robison, Attorney, Strategic Property Exchanges, LLC – “Secondary Markets & Future Liquidity: The Marriage of Like Kind Exchanges and OZFs.”
DISCLAIMER: The information in this release should not be construed as tax or legal advice. Consult your professionals.
- 10XTS Adds Jonathan Dever as Senior Vice President & Director of Public Policy - February 7, 2020
- 10XTS Joins Government Blockchain Association As Records Management Working Group Chair - January 27, 2020
- 10XTS to Speak at University of Cincinnati November 14 - October 28, 2019
- Anthony Pompliano Hanging Out in Cincinnati with Cintrifuse and 10XTS - October 28, 2019
- 10XTS at Gallatin County Airport Groundbreaking - October 26, 2019
- 10XTS at Miami University November 19th as Guest Speaker - October 25, 2019
- 10XTS Graduates From First Phase of Microsoft for Startups Accelerator Program With $120K Grant - October 17, 2019
- 10XTS to Attend the World Financial Symposium Event with Corum Group in Chicago November 12 - October 17, 2019
- 10XTS Attending the Chicago Kent School Annual Regtech Legaltech Conference October 24 - October 16, 2019
- Real Estate Property Transaction Solutions: CPROP - October 16, 2019