Fintech has been hailed as a breakthrough in democratizing financial services. The new technology can substantially reduce the cost of providing retail banking, small business financing and insurance, as well as allow easier access to savings options and opportunities for investment.
After the initial wave of enthusiasm of what fintech can deliver, questions have arisen as to evaluating the impact of fintech on the real economy. Related, fintech companies have started raising money on public markets, attracting valuations far in excess of their brick-and-mortar competitors.
Are such valuations credible?
The panel brings professionals from the four corners of fintech – entrepreneurial, legal, business advisory and academic – to share their views on these questions.
Speakers: Julian Cunningham-Day, TMT Partner, Global Co-head of Fintech, Linklaters, London Zhaoli Meng, Dean, JD Digits Research Institute Irina Velkova, Senior Manager, Fintech, Grant Thornton Chair: Simeon Djankov, FMG and World Bank
- 10XTS CEO, Michael Hiles to testify before U.S. House Small Business Committee September 9th - September 1, 2020
- 10XTS Invited to Meet with Cleveland Federal Reserve Bank - August 20, 2020
- The Paradox of Value - August 20, 2020
- Richard Werner: Today’s Source of Money Creation - August 16, 2020
- Liquidity Solutions for Commercial Real Estate Illiquidity - August 15, 2020
- XDEX launches in Azure AppSource Marketplace - August 14, 2020
- International Monetary Fund Discusses Fintech - May 14, 2020
- Miami University Blockchain Regulation Virtual Panel Discussion - April 30, 2020
- How Fintech Can Push Small Businesses to the Next Level - April 16, 2020
- EP #001: The Post Pandemic Economy - March 25, 2020