Re-imagining Municipal Bonds
Local governments and municipal bond markets are a disconnected, patchwork quilt of legacy systems and silos of private syndicate networks. This creates significant inefficiency, a lack of secondary market liquidity, and exclusions costing issuers and investors billions of dollars annually.
For municipal government bond market participants, CommuniBond is a distributed ledger-based public debt issuance, management, and trade settlement software ecosystem.
Unlike the existing process of borrowing public funds, CommuniBond creates a transparent data solution for all participants in the marketplace, lowers costs – and ultimately creates financial inclusion for the average citizen to become an engaged stakeholder in their local public projects.
Designed to Meet the Emerging Needs of Municipal Bond Markets
While many platforms make great promises, 10XTS understands the requirements for building a new, production grade foundation for advancing municipal bond markets.
We have engineered CommuniBond to meet, and in many cases exceed, the strictest requirements of municipal bond market infrastructures and financial institutions. We also deliver upon the fundamental benefits of data synchronization and workflow automation that can unlock new business innovation, market-wide cost savings and material risk reduction.
- Confidential – Sensitive, contractual information is only ever shared with parties entitled to see it. Parties can be assured that they are notified of all events affecting them.
- Auditable – Institutions and their regulators can comply with reporting and compliance requirements in real-time, rather than days or weeks after transactions are completed.
- Analyzable – Financial institutions can run reports against an historical record of all previous agreements and analyze all future potential positions based on current agreements.
- Extensible – CommuniBond serves as a common foundation which can be extended with additional functionality, entirely new product lines or even to power other markets.
- Zero Reconciliation – Continuous and distributed data integrity removes the need and cost of reconciling between multiple parties automatically and in real-time.
- Common Workflows – Market rules and common business workflows are replicated and independently verified by every party involved in an agreement to ensure systems are never out of sync.
A Better Way to Issue Municipal Bonds
CommuniBond is an end-to-end platform to help local governments issue bonds and raise funds faster, easier, at lower cost.
You can syndicate direct issuance investments far more widely to access more capital from a broader, potentially global investor pool at lower costs with maximum transparency beyond current bond market practices.
Provide your bond buyers a superior investor experience with confidence that CommuniBond has your critical compliance needs covered.
- Investor relations web portal connecting issuers & investors
- Increase community engagement and economic inclusion
- Transform political messaging for public works financing
- Make it easy for investors to find all the information they need
- Facilitate integration with banks & custodial trust to provide value-added services
- KYC/AML account services integration
- Automate bond issuance and investor subscription
Municipal Bond Digitization
- Digitize bonds as units on a distributed ledger blockchain system
- Fractionalize bond units and obligations to incremental decimals
- Track bond obligation ownership at fractional levels
- Maintain the entire history of secondary market trading and custody of fractional ownership interests in bond obligations
- Automate interest payment tracking and distribution to the penny
- Reduce administrative costs for transactions to pennies
Inter-Exchange & ATS Settlement Network
- Seamlessly connect to multiple trading networks and markets to access better liquidity
- Almost instantaneous settlements to reduce counterparty risk
- A secure, shared record of the truth between market participants that eliminates redundant silos of data while giving regulators true market transparency
Automated Regulatory Compliance
- Reduce Reconciliation Costs
- Provide transparency and automated regulatory compliance
- Full window into all market data and transactions
- xBRL-based reporting for auditing