Frankfort, Kentucky, March 5, 2020 — 10XTS is pleased to announce the passage of Kentucky Senate Bill 55 to establish a blockchain working group at the state level for further exploration and advancement of the technology. The bill was forwarded by State Senator Brandon Smith (Senate District 30) and passed 35-0 with no opposition.
Dr. Brian Houillion, 10XTS Advisor & SVP led the advisory effort along with 10XTS partner, Adam Koehler, CEO CPROP. The bill creates a new section of KRS Chapter 42 to create a six-member Blockchain Technology Working Group; attach the working group to the Commonwealth Office of Technology; and requires the working group to examine the applicability of blockchain technology for various utility sectors and report to the Governor and the LRC by December 1 of each year.
The bill now advances to the House, and then to Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear’s office to be signed into law.
This is a huge win for Kentucky to establish a roadmap for adoption and use of blockchain technology as a public sector solution for records management throughout the state.
Pictured: Adam Koehler, CEO of CPROP, Dr. Brian Houillion, Public Sector Advisor & SVP of 10XTS, Kentucky State Senator Brandon Smith.
- Digital Dollar Episode 01: The Pandemic Economy - March 25, 2020
- State of Kentucky Passes Bill to Establish Blockchain Working Group - March 6, 2020
- 10XTS Adds Jonathan Dever as Senior Vice President & Director of Public Policy - February 7, 2020
- 10XTS Joins Government Blockchain Association As Records Management Working Group Chair - January 27, 2020
- 10XTS to Speak at University of Cincinnati November 14 - October 28, 2019
- Anthony Pompliano Hanging Out in Cincinnati with Cintrifuse and 10XTS - October 28, 2019
- 10XTS at Gallatin County Airport Groundbreaking - October 26, 2019
- 10XTS at Miami University November 19th as Guest Speaker - October 25, 2019
- 10XTS Graduates From First Phase of Microsoft for Startups Accelerator Program With $120K Grant - October 17, 2019
- 10XTS to Attend the World Financial Symposium Event with Corum Group in Chicago November 12 - October 17, 2019