Ingest documents in multiple ways
As part of a full solution implementation, XDEX can ingest documents out of business workflows in multiple ways. The various ways documents get into the XDEX system can be customized.
The current document sources supported are:
- Web – HTML forms with a Browse button that will open the file dialog when clicked to allow selection of files in the user’s computer to be uploaded as documents.
- POP3 email – Provide the email, server and credential of a POP3 based email to be scanned periodically for email. The body of the email is uploaded as a document and the attachments of the email are uploaded as separate documents.
- IMAP email – Same as the POP3 email source but for email accounts using the IMAP protocol.
- Watch folder – A filesystem folder that is scanned periodically for files. Any file in the watch folder is automatically uploaded. When the upload for a file is completed, the file is removed from source folder.
- Staging folder – Folder where networked attached scanned can save image files. The files in these staging folders are scanned and a preview is generated to help the process of upload. Staging folders and Watch folders work in a similar way with the main difference being that Staging folders are interactive while Watch folders are automatic; documents in a Watch folder are uploaded periodically and documents in a Staging folder remain indefinitely there until an user uploads them.
- A preview for files in a Staging folder is also provided. An example of Staging folder use is when multiple people are scanning documents but only one person must be allowed to upload those documents. This one person examines the scans quality and decides what to upload and what to reject and have re-scanned. Watch folders can be used when the quality of the scans is irrelevant or when they will be known to be of good quality, such as when receiving e-faxes as PDFs.
- Document sources can be configure to allow document bundles to uploaded as compressed files which are decompressed and their content uploaded as separate documents. This feature is useful when migrating from another document manager system.
Optimizing sorting of data and documents across XDEX is made easier with the Document Indexing features.
More XDEX capabilities
Advanced Records Management
The most unique and powerful capability of XDEX is the integrated Advanced Records Management system.
API-based Oracles for Smart Contracts
Certified partners can consume the cloud layer and integrate with XDEX to extend their current enterprise line of business application stack.
Asset Transfers & Payments
XDEX has the ability to send and receive assets to and from any account on the network. Each account can send tokens from their authenticated network wallet to any other named wallet account across the XDEX Network within seconds.
The core production XDEX Network blockchain is a decentralized protocol based on Delegated Proof of Stake consensus (DPoS).
Digital Certificates & E-Signatures
XDEX enables users to digitally sign documents within the ecosystem using the private encryption key system.
The basic unit of record data in XDEX is the document type, which gets assigned to each document loaded into the network.
Document Uploading, Scanning, Importing, and Indexing
As part of a full solution implementation, XDEX can ingest documents out of business workflows in multiple ways.
XDEX logs and hashes every discreet event at every level across the network to provide immutable tracking of who did what, when, and where.
Identity Management & KYC / AML Integration
Connect real-world identity documents and data with hashed user accounts and controls across decentralized networks and data.
Key Management & Custody
XDEX has a robust certificate-based key management system that provides users with the ability to import and manage public and private keys for key signing and access control function.
XDEX can be configured to automatically runs basic OCR (optical character recognition) on documents imported into the system.
Permissioning & Advanced Record Access Control
XDEX has a native Advanced Access Control List (ACL) system that provides highly granular permissioning to every object and function within the XDEX ecosystem.
Create, issue, manage, and burn tokens within the XDEX Network.
XDEX Trading Engine module powers a protocol-based marketplace function built on top of the consensus and operations layer of the XDEX Network blockchain.
Workflow States & Transitions
With the addition of state actions and transition triggers, the workflows in XDEX are no longer just informative but can be part of your actual business automation process.
XDEX Asset Wallet Management System
XDEX features an advanced blockchain wallet management system, which enables an enterprise level of governance and controls.