The full XDEX technology stack includes an API-based cloud framework for extended application integration and data services. The XDEX Enterprise Cloud connects identity, permissions, applications, and data with the XDEX Network underneath.
Certified partners can consume the cloud layer and integrate with XDEX to extend their current enterprise applications and/or digital storefronts into the XDEX ecosystem.
XDEX Enterprise Cloud exposes the XDEX Network via an API framework that allows an external developer to access XDEX data and functions. This permits partners to integrate into existing enterprise information and/or create innovative applications.
The following principles embody the XDEX Enterprise strategy:
- Accelerate development by decoupling / exposing the XDEX Pro and XDEX Network functionality as a reusable set of APIs for consumption.
- Innovate with digital applications or rapid deployment and quick creation of a system of engagement to new channels.
- Provide secure and controlled access to XDEX Enterprise Cloud APIs in a hybrid cloud environment where the likes of mobile or IoT applications on a public cloud can also consume exposed APIs.
- Enable a consortium ecosystem with a wider community of external developers and partners who will publish and consume XDEX Enterprise and XDEX Network APIs beyond enterprise boundaries.
- Monetize existing and new data and algorithms while enabling new business models.
XDEX Enterprise provides enterprise partners with a comprehensive API Management platform. This includes creating and testing APIs and connecting their implementation code to backend systems.
It also includes securing access to those APIs and managing them in production whether they are accessed from a system of engagement application, systems of record application, or other type of application.